Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Welcome All!! Let's Get This Show On The Road

Welcome to SAS! 


Samantha Schohn here, and to kick off the launch of the SAS Blog, I would like to begin with telling you a little bit about exactly who I am and what I do. 


You might be asking yourselves right now, "Who is this girl and what makes her so special?"  I like a little mystery -- who doesn't on the Internet -- but I am more than willing to give you the basics. 


Just a starry-eyed Sorority girl from a small town, I am a Taurus, love long walks on the beach, prefer looking at snow than driving in it, and was born and raised in the great state of PA, where the Steel Curtain stands strong and we cling to our guns and religion! I am the middle child (or the forgotten child as some people know it as) with two brothers, and the only sisters I know is my crazy sister-in-law (The Tweedledum to my Tweedledee! Love ya, Jack!) and my awesome sorority sisters.


I am constantly on the move!  Between school, work, hours of homework (ugh!), hanging with family, friends, and sisters, and dedicating my spare time (which barely exists) to my writing, it seems like there is not enough hours in the day!  Classes are tough, but I am tougher.  My major is Secondary English Education with a minor in Creative Writing.  People always ask why on Earth would I want to go back to High School, let alone teach those pimple faced, drama monsters (Yes, I was one of them myself) but to be honest, I feel like I can make a bigger impact on that age group than the lower grades.  Who knows, I might be getting in way over my head, but small obstacles can't keep me down.


Strengths are always good, but you have to know your weakness too.  My weakness: Myself.  I am my hardest critic, and I don't help myself much either when I set goals that are (to the majority of my peers) slightly unrealistic.  But hey!  Baby steps, right!  So what if I don't become a published writer tomorrow, it will happen. 


And that's it!!  I LOVE writing!!  Writing, reading.  Reading, writing.  Whichever I am doing, it is what I do best.  The latest book I am reading, G. G. Martin's Game of Thrones. (Not even done yet, but buy it right now!! I can wait while you head over to Amazon . . . .back? Good!)  The reading and my writing have contributed to my educational choices.  I wish to teach literature after I graduate college, Shakespeare to Poe to Carroll, I love it all, and I will teach it all!!


Alright, I know what you are thinking now: "Why am I on SAS and what can I get out of it?"  Well here is the answer.


SAS is a Review Blog.  Music, movies, books, TV shows -- sure I can't cover ALL of it, but my goal is to supply you with the latest in each category and not only tell you if it rocked or flopped, but how it represents today's society and how it impacts/influences us because let's face it, what are we teaching the younger generation?  Cause they will be running this world soon . . . (Scary thought, right? Haha, I'm just kidding . . . kind of.)


Anyways . . . you will be able to find the latest updates on your favorites here, and learn how it is warping our minds.  Stay tuned, I will be posted more about which of what I will be talking about, and ALWAYS feel free to add your input!  Challenge me, agree with me, whatever!  I wanna here what you have to say too!  If you want me to review any of your favorites, just leave a comment and I will get back to you. 


Be ready, cause you're gonna hear it -- whether you like it or not.


-SAS

1 comment: